Getting to Base
You can travel either by CAT-B (military flights) from Norfolk, VA to Rota Spain or by commercial flights (final destination Jerez, Spain; Airport code XRY).
Jerez airport is about 30 minutes away from the base.
Driving directions from Jerez de La Frontera Airport to Base Naval de Rota.
Carretera N-IV, km. 628.5
11401 Jerez de la Frontera, Cádiz, Spain
956 15 00 00
1. Head southwest, go through 1 roundabout (1.1 km)
2. Slight left toward A-4
3. At the roundabout, take the 2nd exit onto the A-4 ramp (350 m)
4. Continue onto A-4 (12.1 km)
5. Take exit 641AB to merge onto A-480 toward Sanlúcar de Barrameda/Chipiona/Rota (3.0 km)
6. Take exit 22 toward A-2078/Rota (260 m)
7. Continue onto A-2078 (11.3 km
8. Turn right onto A-491 (5.5 km)
9. Take the exit toward A-2075/Rota (Sur) (220 m)
10. Continue onto A-2075 (4.8 km) and go through 1 roundabout
11. At the roundabout, take the 1st exit onto Plaza del Triunfo (100 m)
12. At the roundabout, take the 4th exit and stay on Plaza del Triunfo (150 m)
13. Turn right onto Av. Crucero Baleares (850 m )